Active Technologies A&D division, a specialized group of measurement experts and consultant engineers, applies comprehensive analysis and problem-solving techniques to complex measurement challenges and real-time data analysis/processing that cannot be addressed with off-the-shelf solutions or legacy measurement techniques.
Leveraging the technology of Tektronix Component Solutions, ACTIVE TECHNOLOGIES custom-tailored solutions deliver better test performance, cost-effective, and faster deployment speed benefits that may be unachievable using other test solutions.
- What AT-A&D can achieve for you Integrating High-Performance Microelectronics to enable Next-Generation Systems
- Providing solutions that depend on flexibility to make changes, long product life-cycle and the ability to process complex, compute-intensive algorithms.
- Applying state-of-the-art measurement technologiesMeasuring parameters that previously were difficult or impossible to gauge.
- When existing measurement capabilities do not meet new or changing quality and performance requirements
- When your organization lacks the available time or capabilities to meet new measurement requirements
- When you must reduce operational and program costs, and shorten schedules
- When you cannot wait months to move from concept to solution
- Electronic Warfare (EW) Test
- Radar Test
- Signals Intelligence (SIGINT)
- Military Communications
- ATE Applications
- High-energy physics instrumentation
- Transient capture systems
Active Technologies AT-VPX1000 Board + Tektronix TADC-1000 digitizer
Tektronix Component Solutions – delivering the performance behind Tektronix test and measurement equipment, make available to its clients Very High-Performance Microelectronics modules to enable Next Generation Systems.
The Tektronix Component Solution TADC-1000 is an 8-bit digitizer module providing one channel digitization up to 12.5 GS/s (Gigasamples per second). It utilizes a Tektronix Analog-to-Digital Converter (ADC) implemented using IBM SiGe technology and proven in a variety of Tektronix test equipment.
Active Technologies A&D division designed and developed for one of its customers, a custom VPX FPGA board called AT-VPX1000, to integrate the TADC-1000 into a custom solution for radar testing.
The Active Technologies AT-VPX1000 board provides the connection with the TADC-1000 through a SAMTEC FMC connector; the installed Virtex VI FPGAs and 576MBit RLDRAMs provide high speed – high throughput DSP features to the acquired data.
AT-VPX1000 & TADC-1000 Key Features
- One 12.5 GS/s or Two 6.25 GS/s, 8-bit A/D Channels
- >8 Ghz Analog Bandwidth, SMA Inputs
- Interfaces: Open VPX 6U and USB for debugging
- Ultra-low jitter programmable clock
- 2 FPGAs Xilinx Virtex6 XC6VSX315T-FFG1156*
- 1 FPGA Xilinx Virtex6 XC6VLX365T-FFG1156*
- Banks of RLDRAM x36bit – 576Mbit (2.8 Gbit total)
The AT-VPX1000 can be fully customized following the needs and the directions of the client; as example here below it is provided a table with a list of all the compatible FPGAs.
FPGA A1,A2,B (Package FFG1156)
Active Technologies AT-VPX1000 boards feature user-customizable Xilinx Virtex®-6 FPGAs, a VPX interface and an USB interface for debugging. These boards allow users to develop and store their own VHDL code in the FPGAs for a variety of different applications.
Although there is no limit to the uses for Active Technologies FPGA I/O boards, several applications are ideal for this new technology. Common uses include sonar, radar, hardware simulation, automated test equipment, protocol conversion, in-circuit diagnostics, military servers, telecommunication, and digital signal processing.
Active Technologies offers a FPGA engineering design kit and software utilities with examples to simplify your programming and get you started quickly. A JTAG interface enables on-board VHDL simulation.